How to Buy Food Grade Ethanol in Kansas

How to Buy Ethanol in Kansas

Navigating the Complexities of Buy to Food Grade Ethanol in Kansas

The process of purchasing food grade ethanol in Kansas, whether for industrial or other purposes, can be a complex and regulated affair. Each state in the United States has its own unique set of rules and restrictions governing the acquisition of food grade ethanol, and the State of Kansas is no exception. For individuals and businesses, acquiring food grade ethanol in Kansas involves obtaining a permit known as a Non-Beverage User License (ABC-801). Simple Solvents is committed to guiding you through this intricate process and ensuring you can access high-quality food grade ethanol in Kansas without unnecessary hassles.

Food Grade Ethanol Shipping Map
Food Grade Ethanol Shipping Map

The Permit Requirement for Food Grade Ethanol in Kansas

In Kansas, it is mandatory for individuals and businesses to obtain a permit if they wish to purchase and import nondenatured food-grade ethanol, such as the products offered by Simple Solvents. This permit, the Non-Beverage User License (ABC-801), is a key requirement for ensuring compliance with the state’s regulations.

The permit, in essence, is designed to distinguish between alcohol used for non-beverage purposes, such as industrial, manufacturing, and research applications, and alcohol intended for consumption. The State of Kansas, like many others, takes these distinctions seriously and has established a permitting process to manage and regulate the distribution and usage of industrial alcohol within its borders.

Understanding the Non-Beverage User License

To navigate the process of obtaining a Non-Beverage User License in Kansas effectively, it’s essential to grasp the key details and requirements associated with this license:

1. License Fees

The initial license fee for a Non-Beverage User License can range from $20 to $1,000. The specific fee you’ll pay is based on the quantity of food grade ethanol in Kansas you intend to purchase. Renewal of the license is required bi-annually, with renewal fees also varying based on the volume of food grade ethanol in Kansas you anticipate procuring.

2. Processing Time

Once you submit your permit application, you can expect a relatively quick turnaround. The approximate wait time for processing your application typically falls within the range of 1-3 business days, allowing for efficient approval.

3. Record-Keeping

License holders are required to maintain detailed records of their alcohol purchases. Monthly reports are due on or before the 15th day of the following month in which alcohol was bought. This reporting ensures transparency and compliance with state regulations.

4. Necessary Forms

Obtaining a Non-Beverage User License involves submitting several required forms. Some of these forms include the Kansas Liquor License Application and Instructions (ABC-800), Financial Disclosure (ABC-801), and the License Bond (which allows you to choose between an Escrow Bond or Surety Bond). Additionally, you’ll need to complete a Request for Permanent Premise Approval (ABC-806) and provide a copy of your TTB Alcohol Dealer Registration (TTB F 5630.5d). Don’t forget the Kansas Non-Beverage User Monthly Report of Purchases (ABC-837) to fulfill your record-keeping obligations.

Navigating the Permit Process

To guide you through the process of obtaining a Non-Beverage User License in Kansas, we’ve outlined the steps you should follow:

Step 1: Access the Kansas Liquor License and Instructions form.

The first step is to obtain the necessary forms. The Kansas Liquor License and Instructions form (ABC-800) is your starting point. This form provides vital instructions, prerequisites, and tips that you’ll need to complete your application.

Step 2: Review the instructions and prerequisites.

Familiarize yourself with the instructions and prerequisites outlined in the ABC-800 form. This step is crucial in ensuring you understand the process and can gather all the required documentation.

Step 3: Complete the necessary forms.

Fill out all the required forms and documentation as detailed in the instructions. Be thorough and accurate in providing the information requested.

Step 4: Submit your completed documents.

Once you’ve prepared all the required forms and documentation, submit them as directed in the instructions. The Kansas Alcoholic Beverage Control will review your application and process your permit accordingly.

Finalizing Your Purchase with Simple Solvents

After successfully obtaining your Non-Beverage User License, the journey to acquiring food grade ethanol in Kansas isn’t complete. There are additional steps you should take to finalize your purchase with Simple Solvents:

1. Send us your permit

To complete your purchase with Simple Solvents, email a copy of your approved Non-Beverage User License permit to [email protected]. This step is crucial to ensure that your procurement is in compliance with Kansas regulations.

2. Place your order

Utilize our secure online storefront at to choose the food grade ethanol product that suits your requirements. Input your payment details and complete your order. You can now enjoy the confidence of acquiring high-quality ethanol for your intended applications.

Simplifying Your Ethanol Procurement

In conclusion, acquiring food grade ethanol in Kansas, whether for industrial, research, or other non-beverage purposes, requires adherence to state regulations. The Non-Beverage User License (ABC-801) is the key to legally purchasing food-grade ethanol, and Simple Solvents is here to assist you in navigating this process. Alternative terms used when searching for food grade ethanol in Kansas are; gallon proof ethanol and ethanol gallon proof.

By following the outlined steps, you can successfully navigate the Kansas permit process and make a lawful purchase of food-grade ethanol for your needs. If you have any further inquiries or require assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]. We are committed to simplifying your ethanol procurement and ensuring compliance with the regulations of the State of Kansas.